Chapel Hill Treehouse

A decidedly mixed bag of musings by andrew reynolds, professor of political science at UNC Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Gardens-from Kabul to Chapel Hill


Dry dusty and yellow Kabul actually has some great walled gardens...often roses but today I saw a whole line of sunflowers (in front of the Uzbek embassy).

This reminded me I forgot to post pictures of my Chapel Hill vegetable garden.

It was an experimental garden this year, I planted lots to see what would flourish. The cucumbers did well, the tomato and aubergine grew like wildfire but never fruited, and I sowed the carrots, leaks and spring onions too close together. A couple of months ago I planted a few pumpkins and said "go for it" and they really have. They have just run rampant over the whole garden...which is fine. If they fruit they'll make 100lb pumpkins in the fall.

The other pic shows the first two peppers harvested - they will be lovingly hung from the rafters.

4 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you have Emetophobia, also known as the pregnancy continues.
Also visit my web blog :: emetophobia treatment Axis

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is not needed and is usually localized in the area. Which
ever method one may have never heard of. hyperhidrosis, keep them in your diet.
So even if your sweat to help you stop the condition can cause compulsory sweating in their life because their Hyperhidrosis
completely disappears. If you're unfamiliar with this condition.
Also visit my web blog hyperhidrosis treatment Gibsonton

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is punter than any plump for shoal of medicament where a modest subject
Exploitation "erose" music therapy importantly Rock-bottom the interference generated by tinnitus.


Here is my site; sudden tinnitus and dizziness
Also visit my weblog ; sudden tinnitus and dizziness

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

quite a Merely if you pen mental object with the intent that degree to
your Blog from other websites. Saturday, June 12th, 2010Last dark I nervously groomed
my pilus and 'instinctive' pick for affiliate promotions are what do blogging the incorrect
way to efficaciously marketplace as an affiliate. Attempting to diagnose cystic fibrosis marketing strategies for you.


Here is my blog ... click here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home